Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Are drivers race driven

So the more time that I spend on the roads the more I observe how stupid drivers are getting, accidents are no longer called accidents but collisons, they should be called stupidities. Everyday I witness several infractions that under the right conditions should have been a stupidity, I can't help but look at the driver and wonder

A. How did they get a licence in the first place
B. How do they manage to keep the licence.
C. In the country they come from, was a licence required
D. How do they avoid the stupidities that they cause.

My own curious nature always has me guessing who is behind the wheel, so I do my best to find out, I assume that the driver is elderly, Asian, or black (it's not a race slur, when it is fact based) Much to my being correct most of the time, but not always. The biggest concern is that people of all races take no personal responsibility when behind the wheel of a potential weapon, they drive as if the rest of the world are mind readers, "why of course I knew you were going to signal left and turn right" "no really the 100km speed limit doesn't apply to you, going 50km is ok, we all have brakes" I'm sorry, it was my fault, I forgot that you're an idiot"

Drivers are getting worse, kids are turning Honda Civics into what they think are road rockets built for racing, what they have simply done is turned a Honda Civic into a noisy Honda Civic that is still as gutless as it was before adding the garbage can muffler. In my world a muscle car has muscle, it was a car that was feared by other drivers, not because the driver was wreckless, but because the car sounded like it had muscle, it had a sound, it never sounded like nuts and bolts rattling around inside a tin can.

So the next time you observe a mysterious act of driving, take the time to see who is behind the wheel, you won't be surprised, you might even find yourself saying.........wow he was right.

No comments:

Post a Comment