Saturday, December 28, 2013

Hell behind the wheel panic behind the driver

So for the past week I have been in the car with my 80 year old mother-in-law, near sighted...far sighted...unsighted...oblivious to the lines on the road...the speed limit of the road...driving slower I would be happy with...having her pissed off because everyone else is driving too slow is different...colour blind to red tail lights...missing turn signals on other cars...changing lanes without looking...what's that sound...the horn coming from the guy running onto the shoulder to avoid a sideswipe...the curbs...designed to keep the car near the surface of the road...like the gutters in a bowling alley...to keep the ball from leaving the lane...sidewalks...people use them...so does she...when the curbs don't work.

Another week...I like sitting in the back...when the airbag goes off I will have a seat in front of me as well...in the mean time another drink to celebrate a round trip from the house to the shops and back again...and only a few shouts of encouragement from my wife...brake...brake...BRAKE.

No comments:

Post a Comment