Sunday, August 2, 2009

The Edmonton redeye

So today I left Edmonton heading to Ottawa at 1am, there was a reason, although I'm not so sure what the reason is right now, being without any real sleep for 36 something hours does that..........I had great plans to catch a few hours sleep on the plane, however Air Canada had other thoughts. I was comfortably falling asleep before we left the runway, and well on my way to a 3 hour slumber before I was told by the guy flying the plane, lets call him dick...his real name is captain rodney, close enough, he announces how long it will take us to get to Toronto and what the weather is like...........I don't care, it's 1:30 am and the weather forecast is dark, he then says we'll keep the announcements to a minimum "so you can get some rest" Oh wait, as I start to drift off again they have to tell me that it is dark in Toronto in the other official language, and then the lights come on as flight attendent Larry wanders the asiles pushing the old food for sale.........Larry it's 2am wrap it up, people are trying to sleep........Larry is followed by the lovely Tiffany...............headsets...headsets...headsets......headsets...Sorry Tiff, it's 2am and people are not watching TV. Then the lights go out, but we have to deal with 10 more announcements, everything from.........how long the flight is, "make sure your setbelt is on as we are experiencing turbulance", geez guys I figured that out on my own..........and "you are now only going to get 2 hours of sleep, before we wake you up to ask if you want a coffee", no thanks Larry, trying to sleep here..............the lights were out, and the sun was now coming up........red eyes on this trip.......and my last red eye flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment