Monday, January 11, 2010

Airport scanners and the random touch

So once again the United States has gone way overboard with airport security simply because they had a huge lack of internal security......spooks and spys missed informing the rest of the world that they were letting a suspected terrorist board one of their flights...........so who suffers........well once again it's the common folk that just want to fly. In Ottawa this week and 85 year old grandmother was asked to undo her pants and take her shoes off so the minimum wage security "expert" could pat her down..........after all we remember the gangs of little old ladies that roamed the streets in Monty Python stirring up trouble.........It was just a random check........seems she was the lucky passenger.......I have been the lucky "random" passenger 5 times going through security.....I have no problem with it....I have nothing to hide.....I'm honest..........and I won't cause any scene........however I believe that I am a victim of physical profiling........I'm a well dressed middle aged physically fit english speaking white male with a shaved head and goatee..........and I have been the random passenger 5 times............so does this sound like physical profiling...........I suppose I must look suspicious to the overweight ethnically challenged "security" expert.........My carry on bag is checked everytime.........again I have no problem with this as I have nothing to hide........and I have always been treated well..........and joked with the friendly "security" expert.....and who doesn't like a little pat down every now and then.

So where do we go from here.........well the country will have cool new scanners soon and only persons over the age of 18 will have to drop their virtual underware while the good folks have a peak at the cool new tatoo on your ass..........if you're under 18 you won't have to be shy about being seen virtually naked.............you get to be patted down by some stranger.....if you're good maybe they'll offer you some candy............is there something disturbing about a stranger patting down your 14 year old son or daughter........according to the "security" experts ..........nope.

No comments:

Post a Comment