Monday, July 6, 2009

Walking the streets of Montreal

As I slowly strolled along St Catherine street in Montreal people watching, it struck me how many beautiful women there are, they however are in the minority to the sleaze that oozes from the cracks in the sidewalks. The pimps hanging outside the strip clubs praising the "beauties" that wait inside, along with the free buffet, yummy. The Escalades parked outside the designer stores blasting re-mixes from bad 80's tunes, that now include bass only Pete Tong could appreciate.

Homeless coin chasers stand with hats and plates, offering up no entertainment for the hard earned coins I didn't toss their way, the looks of total despair on the weather beaten faces make me wonder what happened along their way through life that has them curled up on a street corner.

I never did find the art store I was looking for, I believe it was swallowed up by yet another shoe store.

St Catherines street never the same, and always the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment